A Safe Community is...
A community where people can go about their daily activities in an environment without fear, risk of harm or injury.
What is Safer Hastings?
Safer Hastings is made up of a diverse group of government and non-government agencies, with a wide network of supporting organisations, all working together to improve community safety. Hastings District Council is the lead agency providing administrative and practical support for the group.
Safer Hastings Goals/Outcomes
- Supportive and connected communities and agencies
- Safe and healthy homes
- Safe roads
- Public spaces are used freely without fear
- People are free from alcohol related harm
Our Focus Areas
Benefits of working together
- Mapping and linking of initiatives
- Sharing best practice and evidence based strategies
- Increasing impact and reach
- Continuity of messages and interventions
- Reducing duplication and gaps identified
- Increasing capability and capacity of group members and the community
What do members do?
- Share relevant information, projects and knowledge that contribute to community safety in Hastings and the wider Hawke’s Bay area.
- Act as a representative for the views of their organisation with regards to community safety in Hastings
- Ensure information from Safer Hastings is shared with their own organisation.
- Promote the activities of Safer Hastings widely, through communication to service providers and other networks.
- Seek and consider input from the community when developing the Safer Hastings work plan and programmes.
How you can be involved
- Attend Community Workshops.
- Join our information network to receive updates and newsletters.
- Update Safer Hastings with your activities.
- Work on a collaborative project aimed to address a specific issue.
2015 Annual Report
Click image to view report.