Contestable Grants Fund
Annual Contestable Grants
Each year the council puts aside a sum of money to contribute to groups who are developing or delivering a community service or project.
To be granted money from this pool, the group applying has to be able to put significant money into the project itself, or be able to attract funding from other agencies and charities. It also needs to show how the project fits in with council’s priorities for building a safe, liveable, sustainable community.
Our current and future needs are identified as*:
- Helping youth into training and jobs
- Helping new and existing businesses to provide local jobs
- Providing help and advice for people in need due to aging and/or adverse circumstances
- Making improvements to the district which will attract visitors, students and businesses
- Providing programmes that reduce littering, wasting resources, and crime
- Promoting participation in recreation, arts, and cultural activities
*Adapted from the 2015-2025 Long Term Plan (p.7)
There are obligations for those who are granted council funds. The group will have to supply financial accounts showing how the money has been spent, and provide a report on the project and its success.
Please read the important information and eligibility criteria contained in the application form.
Applications for funding can be made each year commencing 1 February and closing 31 March for contracts commencing 1 July.
- Contestable grants application form or apply online:
Evidence of planning, budgets and annual accounts are required for Council's Contract for Services grant. Council will determine funding annually.
At the annual review, the Council will monitor performance against agreed performance indicators, including financial.
Payments of the funding will normally be made on a quarterly basis unless otherwise agreed between the parties.
For more information contact Vicki Berkahn, Economic & Social Development Coordinator on phone (06) 871 5048, or email firstname.lastname@example.org