The Rates Rebate Scheme was established in 1973 to provide a subsidy to low-income homeowners on the cost of their rates. It means you may be eligible to get some money back, depending on your circumstances.
- The maximum rebate is $610
- The income threshold is $24,470
Are you eligible?
Although a ratepayer’s income might exceed the income threshold a rates rebate could still be available, depending on the rates amount and number of dependants – see example tables or electronic calculator to see if you could be eligible.
How to apply
To apply to receive a rates rebate and find out more, visit dia.govt.nz
When applying for the rates rebate you will need:
- Your Hastings District Council rates notice (Hawke's Bay Regional Council rates may also be included)
- Details of your income (before tax) for the previous tax year
- Proof of your partner/joint homeowner’s income if he/she lives with you.
If you are granted a rates rebate, we will reduce your rates by the amount of the rebate.
If you would like any further information please contact us on phone (06) 871 5000 or email@example.com